11 Google Data Studio Connectors in All!
Hot on the heels of the release of our totally revamped developer API and 7 brand new Google Data Studio connectors, we come announcing even more good news today.
We’re bringing Site Audit data to the developer API and launching 4 new Google Data Studio connectors powered by these new endpoints. That bring the total number of connectors to 11!
8 New API Endpoints
Here at Dragon Metrics, we’re all about bringing you the data you need in whatever format you need it in. Today’s launch provides programmatic access to all of your onsite technical optimization reports with 8 brand new endpoints.
We’ve not held anything back — with this data, you can recreate almost any onsite report from Dragon Metrics. But why stop there? The best part about the API is custom applications and new uses for this data.
Let’s take a look at what’s new:
- Issue List: List of all issues found in the crawl with the number of URLs affected by each
- Issue History: Trend of the number of URLs affected by an issue across all crawls since the beginning of this campaign
- Affected URLs: List of all URLs affected by a single issue
- URL Info: All crawl data available (over 120 fields) for a list of URLs
- Issues by Priority: Distribution of issues, grouped by priority (e.g. high/medium/low/notice). Available as a trend or for a single crawl.
- Issues by Type: Distribution of issues, grouped by type (e.g. Errors, redirects, meta data, etc). Available as a trend or for a single crawl.
- Internal Links: List of all internal links to this URL, with distribution by type (nofollow/dofollow/redirect/meta refresh/etc) and anchor texts
- Links on Page: List of all outbound links found on this URL, with distribution by type (nofollow/dofollow/redirect/meta refresh/etc) and HTTP status
Check out the full details in our API documentation.
The sky is the limit with what you can do with all of this data, but here are some of our favorite use cases:
- Internal dashboards and custom reporting: Even with the high degree of customization offered by our Report Builder, sometimes you need something 100% customizable, or integrated with internal data pipelines. This is the classic use case for the API.
- Merging with additional data sources: Combine site crawl data with any data set you can imagine to highlight additional insights
- Monitor site and content changes: Set up diff comparisons for important content areas, such as title tags and meta descriptions to make sure you're aware of all changes to the site
- Continuous Integration: Add Dragon Metrics site crawls to your CI pipelines! Start a new crawl when pushing new code to production and report back any issues directly to your continuous integration system
- Internal linking audit: Identify internal linking issues, visualize link graphs, and more
4 New Google Data Studio Connectors
While the API opens endless possibilities, we know that the way most of our customers will be interacting with this data will be via Google Data Studio connectors. That’s why we’re rolling out are 4 brand new connectors that include Site Auditor data!
See a sample report for examples and ideas of how to put these connectors to use!
This connector provides a data table listing each issue included in Site Audits along with the number of URLs affected by each, the issue type and priority, and how it’s changed since the previous crawl.
Visualize a trend of a single issue’s performance over time.
Issues by Priority
Distribution of issues, grouped by priority (e.g. high/medium/low/notice). Available as a trend or for a single crawl as compared the previous crawl.
Issues by Type
Same as the Issues by Priority connector, but grouped by issue type (e.g. redirects, errors, meta data, etc) instead.
These connectors are live right now. Find links and further documentation directly in the Google Data Studio page in the Dragon Metrics platform. We’re excited to see what you come up with!