New endpoints, more data, better performance, new documentation, and more!
The Dragon Metrics API helps customers manage their campaigns and download their data programmatically to integrate with external systems and internal dashboards, analyze with data visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Tableau, or PowerBI, and more.
Today, we’re taking our API to the next level with version 2.0. The entire API has been redesigned from the ground-up, making a ton of new data available and bringing numerous additional enhancements.
There’s so much new in version 2.0, it’s impossible to detail in a short blog post. Let’s take a quick look at some of the highlights:
- 6 new ranking endpoints: We've added a ton of new ways to get your ranking data. Whether it's getting the top 50 results for a single keyword, finding who your top competitors are via Competitor Discovery, and segmenting data with Tag rankings, we've got you covered with whatever use case you have.
- Aggregate ranking data: In addition to delivering keyword-level ranking data, you can now download aggregate data directly with new endpoints. This will allow you to quickly compare performance over time, vs competitors, by tag, by search engine, or any other method without having to download all keyword data and aggregate it yourself.
- Trended ranking data: Previously, getting keyword rankings for competitor sites required a new request for each site. Similarly, a maximum of 2 dates were returned in a single call. In version 2.0 you can now get data for multiple dates, sites, search engines, and keywords all in a single call.
- Performance improvements: Ranking endpoints return data considerably faster than previously.
- No more IDs: We've eliminated requiring using IDs for things like campaigns, tags, and competitors. Now you can use the text strings directly, saving the need for an additional lookup.
- Postman collection: You can now download the entire API as a Postman collection to help get started making API calls quickly and easily.
- Moving to POST: Most endpoints are now using the POST method, moving all URL parameters to the request body. This makes request much more consistent across endpoints, and offers flexibility in more detailed requests without worrying about issues parsing URL parameters.
- New documentation: We've changed out the new documentation site. We think the new format is much easier to read and understand.
API version 2.0 is available today for all plans Basic and above.
The update is not compatible with past API versions, so you will need to update your client to take advantage of the new endpoints. But don’t worry — version 1.4 isn’t going away any time soon. We will actively maintain this version, though it will not receive any additional feature updates.
Check out the documentation to get started. As always, our support team is always available via live chat to assist with any questions you may have.
Powering our new set of Google Data Studio Connectors!
We’ve heard you loud and clear from the initial launch of our first round of Dragon Metrics' Google Data Studio connectors — feedback essentially can be summarized by “We love it. Give us more!”
With that context, API v2.0 was created specifically with Google Data Studio connectors in mind. So today we’re also announcing the launch of 7 new Google Data Studio connectors! These new connectors take full advantage of all of the new data available in API 2.0, and allow you to create incredibly powerful reports with minimal effort.
Read more about our new Google Data Studio connectors or view a sample report to see everything that’s available.